It is important that all guest authors format their posts in a similar way so that there is consistency between posts. Every author has their own writing style, though it’s important that each author follows our formatting rules and general guidelines so that the quality of content on DirSEO.info remains high.
- Be of a very high quality
- Be between 6,00 and 1,200 words long
- Have no spelling or grammatical errors
- Not include any personal affiliate links
- Not Be self-promotional
- Follow all the guidelines on this page closely
It is also an author’s duty to proofread their articles. Articles that are littered with basic mistakes and grammatical errors will be automatically rejected and will not be allowed to be resubmitted.
If you sign up for our monthly membership our editors will proof read, format, lengthen and add + optimize images within your content.
Please ensure any posts submitted follow these rules:
- Use H2 tags for section headers and H3 tags for sub headers. No H1 tags should be used in articles.
- Posts should be assigned to only one category
- Paragraphs should be two to three sentences long
Please include images in all of your articles.
Rules about images:
- Images placed within the content area should preferably be 620 pixels in width; though no wider than this.
- Be sure to crop images to the correct size before uploading i.e. do not upload images at 1,500 pixels wide and then insert the reduced thumbnails (as blurring can occur and files will be much larger in size)
- Please avoid inserting small images in posts
- Photographs should be in JPG or PNG format.
- Images should have alt tags entered for them
- Images should be centred
- Do not link the image itself
Please take a note of our link rules:
- Give credit where credit is due. If you got inspiration for a post from another blog or website, link to them. Not only is this good karma, it makes the post more useful to the reader.
- All links should use the title attribute
- All links should open on the same page. Do not use target=”_new” or target=”_blank” in the anchor link. This allows the visitor to decide which tab a link is opened in.
Links are useful to readers, therefore I encourage you to link to useful pages that support your point.
However, links should always be relevant. You should not insert links if they do not enhance the article.
It is not permitted to sell links in your articles to third parties. All advertisers should approach me directly about advertising options. Anyone found profiting from selling links in articles they write for DirSEO.info will be suspended from publishing again.
Those with monthly membership will have more leverage in this regard.
General Writing Guidelines
Some simple guidelines to help you write a better post:
- Stick to what you know and write something you are comfortable writing about. Do not profess to be an expert on something you are not.
- Proofread the article once or twice to ensure the quality of the post is high/
- Connect with readers who leave comments to your posts.
- If you are unsure about anything, please contact us and I will do my best to help.